DC and....

What a wonderful week it has been and it's only Tuesday! My weekend was full of so many exciting things, I don't even know where to begin! Hang with me until the end, because I don't want to leave anything out.

Friday I FINALLY arrived in DC around 10:00 pm after a loooong day of waiting around at the airport. I was so happy to be back in DC reunite with my Keelz. We checked into the hotel, went to a great 24 hr diner, and eventually went to bed around 2:00 am. We woke up early on Saturday to eat breakfast and prepare for a day of adventures. Kaeley suggested we Metro over to Eastern Market and check out all the local vendors that fill the area on Saturdays. From there she took me to the sewer hole apartment she lives in and all I can say is WOW. I don't know how she does it. Then, we walked to the Capitol and she gave me a little tour of her building and told me all about her internships - I'm so amazed!







We joined a friend for a late lunch at Ted's Bulletin and it was to.die.for!!! I ate SO much that I skipped out on dinner. It was THAT good. After lunch we visited with more of her DC friends and eventually made our way to see Fitz and The White House. We headed back to the hotel (just in time for happy hour) to change and get ready to go celebrate a birthday in Georgetown. There are always so many things I want to do in DC and never enough time. Such a shame.




Sunday morning came and I was off to the airport. Little did I know...all the flights to Atlanta (from where I would then fly to Jackson) were VERY full. I sat in the DC airport from 9:00 am until 7:00 pm when I miraculously found a seat on a flight to Memphis. It was a loooong day full of misery, boredom, stress, and carbs that I didn't need to consume after all the bad eating I did Saturday. Matthew HATES when I fly because of all the uncertainty, so I knew he would be more than willing to drive to Memphis and pick me up if it meant that I would get home sooner.

I made it off the plane and Matthew greeted me at baggage claim. I was so relieved just to be back in the Central timezone. We headed to the car and just as I was getting in Matthew said he was having trouble with my bag (I too had issues with my bag earlier in the day so I knew how to fix it). When I came around the back of the car he was down on one knee, pulled out a ring and said: 
"So are you going to marry me, or what?" 

WE'RE ENGAGED! I am marrying the sweetest boy in the world whom I love with my whole heart, and I could not be happier! It still hasn't sunk in completely but there's plenty of time for that!


1 comment: