Bookcase Envy


Ohh Monday. You always welcome me with open arms. NOT.
It was so hard coming back from the lake yesterday. I mean with this view...can you blame me?!


The Barnes clan (minus a few) reunited for a weekend full of relaxing, swimming, tubing, sunning, and fishing. Yes. FISHING. Fun fact: I actually really enjoy fishing. Back in the spring I would spend hours in silence, by myself, reeling in monsters, while Matthew was turkey hunting. Very therapeutic.

I showed off my skills with my Dad Saturday morning and it was a BLAST! 

Question: Did you happen to see the moon Saturday night? Gorgeous. Especially reflecting on the lake.


Okay so real talk. One of the great things about seeing my parents 2 weekends in a row is the fact that they can bring me things from home. Sadly, Greenwood, MS is not overflowing with what I like to call amenities. AKA: chick-fil-a, Target, TJ Maxx....and other necessities for life. Which means I usually have my parents get things at home and bring them/keep them for me for when we do get to reunite. 

Something I have been DYING for that my mom offered to purchase and bring to me is a bookcase for my apartment. But the longer I scanned Craigslist for a "fixer-upper" in Atlanta, I realized that what I REALLY have my heart set on is the beauty that resides in Olivia Pope's living room on Scandal. 

I found a solid visual while perusing Pinterest thanks to this behind the scenes picture of the Scandal set that you can find here. (sidenote: there are numerous "Olivia Pope apartment" pinterest boards that you might want to check out if you share my love for Scandal). After much online searching I finally found a budget friendly version of my own at Home Depot, and my brother was kind enough to pick up and lug this 80 pound box to the lake for me!  

A solid 45 minutes of assembly time later...It has surpassed all my hopes and dreams!!!!!!!  

Still working on decorating. Don't judge. And who knew it would double as a kitty cat jungle gym?!



Speaking of Olivia Pope.. I'm going to DC Friday to see one of my besties Kaeley and I LITERALLY can't wait! Let's hope this week flies by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment