Death by thank you notes



I feel like I have been playing a lot of catch-up lately. Catching up with home cleaning, catching up with friends, catching up on episodes of Real Housewives, and catching up on the dreaded thank you notes. I'm swimming in them.

Right before the wedding I got to the point where I dreaded receiving the call that we had gifts to pick up because I knew that once we opened them, it would only add to the mountain of thank you notes we need to write.
But real talk: how absolutely spoiled rotten are we to be burdened by writing thank you notes to people who graciously gifted us items that we wanted to have for our home? The thought makes me sick! Yet it motivates me to GET IT DONE. I went on a little writing spree last night while watching the NBA playoffs (#witness), but that only lasted through six notes. That's still six more than I had done hours before!!

Having a quality pen and cute stationary really does make the process more enjoyable. I'm a lefty so I like to use a gel pen and stationary that's very absorbent so I don't smear the ink when writing. #leftyprobs. I love the classic look of these cards from American Stationary because you can never go wrong with a monogram, and they always have coupons. Every now and then I will stumble upon something cute at a great price in TJ Maxx like these and snatch them up. I also recently discovered these before the wedding and HAD to have them! The whole bridal collection is precious. Check out my friend Catherine's line of stationary. She makes the cutest stuff!

I'm not completely alone in this thank you note struggle. Matthew helps out when his assistance is requested, but that's only after he received some much needed thank-you-note coaching. Bless him because he's a boy and tends to use terrible cliches like: "thank you for thinking of us during this special time in our lives". Like let me just vomit on the floor right here... That doesn't cut it! But regardless - help is help and I'm not complaining. I'm definitely not going to drag it out for this long, but hopefully that rule of 'you have a year after you get married to send a thank you note' still applies. Fingers crossed!

What phrases do you cringe at the sight of?

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I cringe at "Thank you for getting me the (INSERT WRONG GIFT!) Remember when that happened to us?! Still makes me laugh.. classic mix up! Take it day by day, Mrs. Waldrop! Also, HAPPY NATIONAL LEFTHANDERS DAY to you and I!

    ReplyDelete