Thursday @ 4:32 ...TICK tock!


Staring at the clock PRAYING it hits 5 soon. It's been one of those days where I feel like I have more to do after work, than actually AT work. As you can see, the blog is a little bit under construction! Still trying to figure a few things out but hopefully we will be up and running normally soon.

The worst thing happened to me on Monday.

So we went fishing on Sunday and the grass was really tall and snakey in one area, so we moved to another area where we weren't up to our knees in brush. Well before we left, I kept feeling bugs land on my legs and was having to brush them off. At one point, I went to brush a bug off and it was a TICK. From that point on I was super itchy and paranoid that I had a tick infested body. Not to mention when we got in the car to leave, I found another microscopic one on me that only added to the paranoia.



When we got home I demanded an intense tick-check of both me and Matthew. All crevices were examined. Bed time rolls around and Matthew is playing on his phone when he feels something crawling on his hand. You guessed it. TICK. (side note - when he first felt it he thought it was cat hair. LOL). We think it some how got in his phone case, because he has one of those cases with the pocket to hold all your cards, and of course he had his phone out while we were outside.

So whatever...it's Monday. I'm almost done itching at the thought of ticks. I enjoyed a nice run through the breezy un-tick-ish neighborhood. No problem. Post dinner: Matthew turns the Grizzlies game on - aka I now fail to exist - and I decided to take a shower. While in the shower I just happen to run my hand along my ribs and feel a tiny little flap.

Look down: "hmm. didn't know I had a mole there."
Keep washing: "that mole HAS LEGS! It's a TICK!!!!"

I yell for Matthew...he doesn't come. I yell again because maybe he didn't hear me...he doesn't come. He doesn't even respond. I yell for the third time..I mean come on our house is not that big he HAS to have heard me?! Final cry for salvation...he arrives. Get the tweezers. Time to amputate. I probably have Lyme's Disease (immediately comparing myself to Yolandah Foster). Tick is removed, I coat myself in rubbing alcohol, we change the sheets on the bed and I can FINALLY breathe easy. For now...

So how's that for a Monday?! Thank goodness tomorrow is FRIDAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment